Saturday, June 17, 2006

Minor Celebrity


So I was working at that retail store I work at. I was in the candle aisle and I saw the guy in the picture come into the aisle and buy some candles. It was none other than Patton Oswalt. (who?)
Yes him. For those of you who don't know him he is a comedian. A very funny one at that. Buying candles. In Murfreesboro. Strange. After talking to him I found out he was in town for a music fest. I think it's called Bonnaroo or Smelly Hippie Convention, one or the other. Anyway he's a minor celebrity that I was actually pleased to meet cause I respect what he does. It's not like I was meeting Tom Cruise or some other crazy asshole. Didn't ask for an autograph cause who gives a damn about someone's signature. He seemed like a nice guy, though and actually apologized to me that he couldn't shake my hand cause he was holding a whole bunch of crap. So that was cool. Then he left and I sank back into the pit of Red and Khaki despair.

3 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger The D said...

Yeah..."Holding a whole bunch of crap"

He was frightend by a brown man talking to him. That was it. But he is a funny guy, I have seen him on HBO.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have walked right past him

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger phun N gab and the Gay Circus Elves said...

He didn't have a shopping cart ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home